Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Rocket wins Halloween Costume Contest

I typically do not dress my dogs in clothes or costumes, but I think the idea to dress up Rocket came to me after a few Apple-tinis.



I entered him in to a contest where the grand prize was $500 to the rescue/shelter of my choice and other prizes.  Due to the Apple-tinis, I missed that the Grand Prize would be Judges Choice and 2nd, 3rd and the honorable mentions would be people choice.  Soooo I went into the weekend figuring that based on the number of likes Rocket had that we would possibly get an honorable mention.  A dog dressed as a Pez dispenser had over 1500  likes. 

Imagine my surprise this morning when I clicked this link http://petsadviser.com/contest/halloween-pets-photo-contest-2011-winners/ and saw that the Rocketini had won the Grand Prize.  It completely made my day.  I chose Chako Pit Bull Advocacy and Rescue in the Northern CA area as the rescue.  They do such great things such as obedience classes, Canine Good Citizen testing, Responsible Ownership and they have taken in many abused dogs, and even a puppy with parvo who is doing much better thanks to them.  OK...and I have a soft heart for pitties since Buddy is part pit/part labrador.

Did you dress your pet up for Halloween?

3 comments:

  1. This is HILARIOUS! And Rocket looks so darned proud next to the cocktail shaker! You are so creative...this made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're so happy for you, Mary! Chako sounds great, and they say they can really use the funds right now. DogTime will be sending the check soon, and of course you'll also get some goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that idea. Oh my--that is awesome. And congrats! I didn't dress up my pets this year, but one year my Basset Hound was a pirate.

    ReplyDelete